P&P – Dietitian’s Association, NT CPD 2011
EduGrow Remote School Gardens Workshop, Charles Darwin University, Nov. 16, 2011.
This strategic workshop was organised by RIG Network in partnership with members of the EduGrow Workshop Organising Group comprised of key representatives from industry and relevant NT government departments. Held in Darwin it was attended by 45 people. The workshop addressed strategic issues to further encourage and support garden based learning opportunities at remote NT schools. The Darwin Region CDEP Conference, 2010, had called for more focused action in this area.
For further information visit the EduGrow page.
Dietitians Association of Australia, NT Branch, Health and Life Skills Gardens CPD Event, Alice Springs, July 29 2011
The NT Branch of the DAA requested RIG to work with them to plan and hold a Continuing Professional Development seminar on community gardens. the seminar was held in Alice Springs and by teleconference to Katherine and Darwin. The four hour program was developed and facilitated by Anthea, and featured excellent presentations by people from within the network that included:
- Jen Clarsen, Centre for Appropriate Technology, presenting the CAT Wicking Bed System.
- Scott Pullyblank, Alice Springs Desert Park, Power Plants Program – bush plant gardens support.
- Chris Thiesfield, Chris Thiesfield and Associates, who flew himself from Cairns to Alice to share information about small and commercial scale hydroponic systems.
- For the Seminar information brochure – click here,
- Seminar Program – click here
- Seminar handouts, click right for Useful Garden Resources for Top End & Arid Australia – presentation/handout from workshop, July 2011
See the RIG News archive for stories about the CAT Wicking Bed (RIG News 14) and Chris’ hydroponic systems (RIG News 12).
2011 CDEP National Conference – Vision to Action, Alice Springs, April 2011
Anthea was invited to present a workshop session a the conference. A presentation and follow up Q&A session, ”Down and Dirty in the Garden – Planning for success and what is it?” was included in the parallel workshop streams.