RIG News – September, online now!
Busy times and well into spring already,… RIG News – September is now online.
This is our 30th edition of RIG News since RIG Network kicked off in 2009. We’ve enjoyed learning from and sharing news about amazing people, places and projects over the past five years and, as ever, welcome your feedback, news & stories for future editions.
This edition includes:
- Intro news - EduGrow and community events, conference news and other updates from the RIGN/Foodswell team
- Warm welcome to Lenore Dembski, FoodSwell Patron and Emily Gray, Shaun Fowler and Costa Georgiadis, Foodswell Ambassadors
STORIES: Garden projects and enterprises growing good food, good connections…
- The BEST Food Garden, Inverell
- St Paul’s Garden, Mao Island, Torres Strait
- Enterprise: King Brown Technology producing premium compost at scale
- Wicking beds ‘large and small’ in Central Australian settings: at Ulpanyali and at the Tennant Creek Women’s Refuge Garden
- Research: Bush foods field day and findings from WA
COMING EVENTS: October
- Fair Food Week across the country
- World Food Day – visit UQ Bush Food Garden and tasting with Dale Chapman
- IKS Conference at UTS, Sydney
- Putting Food on the Table: Food Security is Everyone’s Business, Sydney and more…
To read September RIG News click here.
(Read past editions – Useful Resources, RIG News page)
Pictured below – snapshots, stories in pictures: A “Westpac Chick” at the BEST Community Garden, Inverell, Lizzie Pearce constructing a CAT design wicking bed at Ulpanyali and three different types of wicking beds that are part of the new garden created at the Tennant Creek Women’s Refuge. Thanks everyone for sharing stories!