RIG NEWS – December
As the year wraps up we extend to all RIG News readers, their families and communities best wishes for the festive season. As we plan for 2014 we’re excited to announce that RIG Network now has a new management ‘home’ called FoodSwell.
FoodSwell Limited (ABN 16 163 396 736) is a new social enterprise and a registered charity whose programs include and will expand upon those of the Remote Indigenous Gardens Network. Until now, RIG Network has been a project initiative of Southern Exchange, a Pty Ltd. We hope RIG’s new charitable status will enable us to more effectively raise funds to grow the outreach and impact of what we do.
This edition of RIG News introduces FoodSwell and includes:
- Horticultural Media Association (HMA), NSW, Christmas Party – generous donation to RIG Network
- EduGrow School Garden Awards – Announcing the Winners!
- Feature stories: Enterprising People and Business - Nuwal Environmental Services, Yirrkala and Renewable Carbon Resources Australia, Charleville.
- Feature stories: Remote and Regional Gardening Clubs – ‘Club Veg’ Cooktown and the Ngukurr Gardening Club
- Interesting New Resources – Summer reading…
- NEW – RIG ‘Classifieds’, Volunteers Wanted and Available.
To read December RIG News CLICK HERE or go to the RIG News page for current and all past editions.
Thanks everyone for your contributions and feedback during 2013. Wishing you and yours relaxing, happy and safe holidays.