desertSMART Regional Food Summit update
The desertSMART Regional Food Summit is all set to go on Monday August 13th, with a great lineup of local and national panelists, as well as special guest Costa Georgiadis from ABC’s Gardening Australia!
Panelists confirmed so far include:
- Graham Ride (Centreprise)
- Jeanette Wormald (DKA Outback Business Networks)
- Anthea Fawcett (Remote Indigenous Gardens Network)
- Jim Willoughby (Cattleman’s Association)
- Raylene Brown (Kungas Can Cook)
- Roy Price (Ethical Nutrition)
- Jen Clarsen (Centre for Appropriate Technology)
- Liza Balmer (NPY Women’s Council)
- Liz Locksley (Alice WaterSMART Homes and Businesses)
- Cassandra Douglas-Hill (Food for Alice)
- Scott Pullyblank (Desert Park)
- Russel Shields (Second Bite)
- Geoff Miers (Garden Solutions)
The three panels on the day will be facilitated by Caddie Brain (ABC Alice Springs Rural Reporter), Jason Quin (Social Enterprise Hub) and Eleven Greenstones (Alice Springs Community Garden Network).
For more details, please see the COOLmob webpage. A finalized program and full list of speakers to be released next week so keep your eyes on the COOLmob webpage, facebook and twitter for that.
Please note also that the registration cutoff date has been extended to Wednesday August 8th, so make sure you register before it’s too late!